The Spartan Infastructure Commitment
Spartan Infrastructure (Spartan) is committed to a company culture of adhering to the highest standards of ethical conduct while meeting or exceeding the Safety, Environmental Sustainability, and Social Responsibility expectations of our stakeholders. Additionally, Spartan is committed to the fundamental principle of mutual respect, integrity, and accountability across all our stakeholder relationships.
Spartan is committed to protecting the health and safety of all our employees, project stakeholders, the public, and all others that may be impacted by our operations. Our priority is the prevention of accidents and injuries through the implementation of Spartan’s comprehensive Health and Safety Program.
To achieve our goal of maintaining a Safety Culture, Spartan will:
- Integrate safety practices into our daily work routine
- Provide safety training and promote safety awareness among all employees, subcontractors, and visitors
- Share information through a formalized system of reporting to third parties and stakeholders
- As able, support utilities and government agencies in disaster response situations, such as those resulting from wildfires, hurricanes, and other severe weather events
Protecting the environment and preserving resources for future generations is a top priority. Spartan is committed to continually improving environmental performance in support of our long-term sustainability goals.
To achieve our environmental sustainability goals, Spartan will:
- Comply with all applicable legal requirements and meet or exceed good environmental practices
- Continually monitor, evaluate, and improve business practices for environmental effectiveness
- Proactively seek opportunities to conserve resources, including source reduction, reuse, and recycling programs
- Consider sustainability factors when selecting key suppliers, subcontractors, and alliance partners
- Work in a manner to avoid unnecessary impacts to the natural environment to include air, land, water, wildlife, vegetation, archeological, tribal, and paleontological resources
- Integrate sustainability objectives throughout company operations by engaging and creating awareness amongst our employees, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Continually communicate our environmental aims and objectives to all employees, customers, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Promote transparency of operations through a formalized system of reporting to customers and other stakeholders
- Support Sustainable Infrastructure: Enable customers and stakeholders to achieve their long-term environmental goals, such as Renewable Portfolio Standards and widespread adoption of renewable energy generation, by building the transmission systems required to deliver renewable sources of electricity.
The objectives listed above, as well as the practices documented within Spartan’s Environmental Compliance Manual, will be periodically reviewed and amended to ensure operational effectiveness and alignment with corporate safety, social, and financial objectives.
As a responsible corporate citizen, Spartan strives to create a respectful and inclusive work environment that empowers not only our employees and stakeholders, but also the communities in which we live and work.
To meet our social responsibilities, Spartan will:
- Support diversity and inclusivity within the workforce
- Provide opportunities for higher education and professional training
- Support local communities through charitable giving and civic engagement
- Utilize local and regional resources, where economically feasible
- Support a culture of safety, ethical conduct, and environmental sustainability throughout all levels of operation
- Evaluate suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure conformity with Spartan’s safety, environmental sustainability, and social responsibility objectives
- Endeavor to continuously improve Spartan’s Quality Control / Quality Assurance Program such that our work meets or exceeds the expectations of our customers and stakeholders
Spartan is committed to promoting a culture of continuous improvement to maximize the positive impact Spartan has on our employees, stakeholders, and the community. The objectives listed above will be periodically reviewed and amended to ensure operational effectiveness and alignment with corporate safety, environmental, social, and financial objectives.